Wednesday, June 4, 2008

New Update

Sorry All,
I know it's been a while. I've been trying to get my home computer back up and running. Now here we go. Natalia is now 1/2 way through her 3rd week of radition and chemo. When Edgar and Natalia left last Tuesday for UCSF without me last week I felt like the worst mother in the world. How could I possibly send my baby into medical treatment without me there? I knew Edgar was going to be caring for with everything in him but it didn't make any difference. I know that morning at work was not my best. The look in Sophia's eyes when I picked her up from Pre-school completely reminded me why we were doing it this way. I could tell Sophia hadn't really believed that I was coming to get her and that I was going to UCSF as well. She glowed when she saw me there to get her and bring her back to her own house. That one moment made it all worth it.

When they returned for the weekend Natalia's personality was coming back full force. I could see some improvement in her physical symptoms but her laugh was coming back. This past weekend was special. Friends had arranged for the girls baptism and first communion at Our Lady of Mount Carmel. Father Micheal did a wonderful ceremony that was from the heart. The girls godfathers made us all laugh when it was time to light the candles. Anthony attempted to lift Vince up to reach the candle. I thought Natalia was going to start crying she was laughing so hard.

Edgar and I have both really had our faith tested these past weeks. I think the lessons at Sunday bible study came in handy. During the beginning of Natalia's diagnosis, one of the main themes was to think vertically not horizontally. Your weight is lifted by remembering that God has a plan and will be there to lift you up when you think that you can no longer go on. You do all that you humanly can and let God take care of the rest. Then you take a deep breath and dive back into the fight.

This weeks parting was much easier as we all knew what was in store. Edgar tells me Natalia's physical condition is beginning to improve this week. I know she is talking alot more on the phone. She is also remembering all the words to her favorite songs and singing them to us.

I started the new job as manager this past Monday. The best part is that it is challenging to make sure that Merit is a good home to the 500+ residents that call it home. The worst part is that the former manager is one of my best friends and she will no longer be living next door. Marcy I know you're reading this, you are off to better things because you deserve them, just remember we love you and totally believe in you.

Good Bye for now...now that the computer works again I'll be better at keeping updates.

Love to you all,
Roni

No comments: