Monday, August 25, 2008

Weldon Elem Here I Come!!!!



Well, it's Monday afternoon on what is the first day of school, and we are at Family House in San Francisco. Natalia is taking a nap after doing her blood work at UCSF. Tomorrow morning at 9am she has her MRI and then clinic with Dr Banerjee at 1pm. The new chemo seems to be working but we won't know for sure until tomorrow.


8/12/08 Edgar and Natalia were up here for her last chemo session and clinic. Dr Banerjee asked Natalia if she would be starting school soon. Edgar replied "I don't know. Can we?" Dr Banerjee "I don't see why not." Praise to God....Mama got on the phone the next day to Clovis Unified administration, after not making much head way we all just went to Weldon to find out what she would need to do. Just walking into the office was a rejuvinating, strengthening and warming experience. We love Weldon!!!! Come to find out they had started the process for her at the end of last school year. They were just waiting to see if she was strong enough to come back. Wednesday morning she will enter 1st grade in Mrs. Hansen class. A huge thank you to Mrs. Yager for helping Natalia to finish kindergarten and for being there with awesome support. She helped to instill a love of learning in Natalia that made her want to come back for fall. Natalia will be doing half days for now and with more strength will come more time at school. I was able to sit down Friday with Mrs. Hansen and we talked about Natalia's strenghts and weakness and how to give her more of the ability to just be a 1st grader. I truely felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Not only is Natalia getting stronger but she will have the opportunity to be a kid again. What an incredible blessing!


We must name a few of our pillars of strength at Weldon: Deanna, Principal Lozano, Mrs. Yager, Gail, Sandy, Mrs Hansen, and the PTC. I know there are more but I'm already crying. Thank you for being there because you helped get us to where we are now and there is no better place in this world then in your hearts.


Love to you all,

Roni

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HELLO NATALIA, IT´S ME VIANGY
I FOUND YOUR BLOG TODAY!!!

I AM SO HAPY TO READ THIS WORDS ABOUT YOUR TRIP BY CANCUN, I KEEP WITH ME THE BAND YOU GAVE ME, REMEBER, I AM ONE OF YOUR FRIENS!!

YOU´LL STILL IN MY HEART!! ALWAYS!!

VIANGY ROCHA