Monday, April 6, 2009

Home

It was a good long weekend for us. Edgar and I finally unwound a bit. By the time we left Sunday afternoon I was just heart sore and exhausted...this time in a good way. I can actually feel myself starting to catch up on that bone deep tiredness.

Saturday was such a beautiful day. Thank you to all our friends and family who were able to share it with us. The sun was out and the wind had gone away. I thought we would have to go out of the bay and into the ocean to spread her ashes but that was not the case...we were able to spread them in the center of the bay so she could be with everything she loved. There was peace to know that not only was her soul in a beautiful place but now her body was in the most beautiful spot we could pick. When we got back to land...by the way Redd is definitely not a water dog, he was not impressed with the boat at all...we took everyone to Natalia's favorite ice cream spot for tasty treats.

Later that afternoon, Pia was playing in the ocean, holding her arms up to the sky and calling for sissy to come play with her...it was awesome! We all relaxed and watched the sunset from the hotel...when I say relaxed, I do fully mean it. I could actually feel that last bit of tightness in me loosen while the sun went down. I could feel Natalia unbound from her earthly chains. Thank you everyone for making sure we had fun Saturday night. Leaving on Sunday was still hard...driving away from our oldest child...heart palpations hit by Gilroy and I just started praying...it's gotten me through so many tough times then, now...always. By the time we got home all 3 of us were exhausted. I slept on and off the rest of the day. Pia cuddled in bed with Redd and watched "her" shows while Papa relaxed as only a cop can by looking at guns online. LOL...it made me laugh whenever I came out of the bedroom.

Moment for shameless plug...you all know I manage an apartment complex, so I have access to some wonderful businesses and people...A friend asked if she could do anything for us and I finally took her up on it because A)housework has not been a priority these last couple weeks(while my house was not a pigpen it was not normal for us) and B)Edgar's sister Nagchielli is coming for a visit this upcoming Saturday. MG Janitorial is the name of Terry's company and they do an incredible job. My house was spotless and it was such a major relief to walk in and have it be amazing...it is part of the reason that I got to sleep on and off for the rest of the day. So THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU TERRY!

Today we need to take some of Natalia's favorite things to Serenity for them to use on her table tomorrow. We also are going to call the Fresno Bee and let them have it with both barrels...they misspelled her name on her obituary yesterday...we went over the proof at Serenity on Wednesday and everything was good...one spelling change...but when we saw the paper yesterday, the name they put under her picture was "Natalie Joy Valle"...I don't have a NataliE. It was correct throughout the rest of the story...mad was minor compared to what we were. Tomorrow is the Celebration...honestly, the closer it gets the more I want to push it back...it is like letting go again...but that is not what Natalia was all about...we go forward no matter what...she will be honored...then I stop and think...she would have had a blast at it so you know what...so should I...she is never far from me...whenever my heart is sore I pray and the Lord comforts me and for a moment I can feel Talia's arms around me and I know...It's going to be okay.

Praying...I have never been an out loud prayer...it bugs me...not for others, I actually admire that some people have the ability to do it...I just never have. I have always felt like I have this internal line to God...even as a kid I would just have long running conversations in my head with him. My faith has been tested throughout life but I have always known that that line was there and all I had to do was use it and the Lord would answer. It brings me peace...kind of like going to your happy place...well that line is part of my happy place. Sometimes I feel lacking because I find it hard to pray out loud...then I talk to the Lord about it and the answer is always the same...just talk to me and you will be fine. Enough for now...Pia just woke up and time for breakfast.

Much love to you all,
Roni

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

To the Valle family.
I am sorry for your loss of such a strong wonderful young girl. I myself am a Weldon Warrior Alumni. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Unfortunately i cannot attend todays services but my heart and prayers are with you all. Natalia is now watching over you all. God bless.
Once a Weldon Warrior Always a Weldon Warrior....

Angela Keeling said...

I am so bummed that I did not get the morning off to attend Natalia's service. I mixed up the days and thought it was last Tuesday. Uuurgh!
I can totally believe the Fresno Bee did that. Natalia does not like her name misspelled or mispronouned! At least she didn't when I did it....LOL! On the third day she assisted me with my brat Malia, I told Malia "Mommy has to leave now...why don't you go see what Natasha is doing?" To which Natalia prompty told me with a smile, "Its Natalia...NOT Natasha." I'll always remember that!

Heide said...

Good afternoon to all of Natalia's friends and family.

I'm so sorry for your loss, but from the little I've read on your site so far, Natalia is SMILINGGGGG!!!!!!

You all are amazing, and Natalia's journey is inspirational, to say the least! I am truly sorry it ended this way, but I know that your angel will never be forgotten and I know that you'll feel her love, warmth, and spirit in your hearts forever!

I was given a link to your site by a dear friend and fellow BT mom, Karen (Isaac's Mom). She had told me about Natalia several times in conversation and forwarded the link to me this afternoon.

I mainly wanted to sign in to extend my condolences, but I also wanted to tell you that while I cannot know your family's pain, I can somewhat relate to your situation.

I, too, lost my daughter to anaplastic astrocytoma. Jessica died June 9, 2007, three days after her 17th birthday. Her journey lasted about the same amount of time as Natalia's, and it seems there were many similarities.

I will be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers, and I wish you peace and sweet memories, and JOY!!! :)

~Heide
m/o ^Jessica^ (Forever 17) & Jake (17)
http://caringbridge.org/visit/jessicarandall
http://teamunite.net
MAY IS BRAIN TUMOR AWARENESS MONTH!! http://wallofcourage.com

Karen said...

I was just looking at the slideshow and realized we were at the same Make A Wish event (the light the tower). Wasn't that a fun night?
I hope you got somewhere with the Fresno Bee. They should rerun the obituary at no cost and apologize!!
I wanted to let you know of a website. It is called Team Unite. It is a bunch of families that have all been touched by pediatric cancer. Our goal is to raise awareness, support curesearch (who raises money specifically for childhood cance research) and to just support each other during this journey. You can check out the website: www.teamunite.net
My prayers are with your family. I hope you have a nice Easter.
Karen, Isaac's Mom
www.caringbridge.org/visit/isaachatfield
Coaresegold, CA

Anonymous said...

life has a way of sending us just what we need, when we need it. I believe your Natalia was one of those rare gifts.
a powerful teacher for all that came to know and love her. She was the start of the "ripple"......She was a teacher who taught her students the power of play (prayer) and the many lessons of the simple, but powerful energy of simple love and grace......may we take our lessons and apply them to our lives and the people that cross our paths......may we play (pray) in a simple love and grace as did our teacher.......

Roni, I hope to see you while your in colorado....its been way too many years.......all my love to you nand your family......
mary kramer collier (uncle gene's oldest daughter)