Wednesday, January 4, 2012

20 Days and counting

Two of the BIG Four are down. The Valle Family holiday season consists of Thanksgiving (Nov), Christmas (Dec 25), Natalia’s Birthday (Jan 24) and Sophia’s Birthday (Apr 13). Once we get through these 4, the rest of the year is much less stressful. In fact it’s almost peaceful. I refuse to let Natalia’s Angelversary on March 26th be part of the Big Four. The day she earned her wings will always be set apart from celebration days. By the time April rolls around for Sophia’s birthday it’s hard to tell who is more excited, Edgar and me or Sophia herself. It has become the high point of the year for both Edgar and I.

I have to seriously laugh and thank my oldest child for the shear amount of time consuming items that she has thrown into our lives this season. We have never been this busy before. From Thanksgiving to her birthday we have been & will be busy. We had a lot of activity going on at house between Thanksgiving and Christmas and it brought Holiday cheer along with it. January is shaping up to be busy as well. Sophia has stuff (school, gymnastics, friends’ parties, etc.), Edgar’s work is always hopping and my work has its reaccreditation on January 24th & 25th. I will be busy making sure my department is in compliance. Paperwork helps keep me employed! LOL!!

We will be spending Natalia’s birthday with her in Monterey. The hotel right on the beach she loved and Sophia playing in the ocean. Of course, Chinese food and the Aquarium are on the agenda. It wouldn’t be Natalia’s birthday without them. I expect the weather to be beautiful. Natalia always makes sure the time we spend with her at the ocean is amazing no matter what the forecast has called for. It can be pouring down rain and windy but not long after we get out of the car the blue skies appear. Little did we know when we spread her ashes in the Bay, she would make sure whenever we visit her at the water’s edge she would make it beautiful. 20 days and counting down baby girl!

5 comments:

Beth said...

Happy upcoming birthday to sweet Natalia. She is not forgotten!!! Love you guys!!!

Unknown said...

It might be pretty random, but I really like your blog especially the photo of little angel as your blog header :)

Thinking About Becoming A Parent said...

Great blog!

Anonymous said...

I discovered your web site via Google while looking for a related subject, lucky for me your web site came up, its a great website. I have bookmarked it in my Google bookmarks. You really are a phenomenal person with a brilliant mind! washington security systems

Anonymous said...

Some children leave early this life because their task is smaller than an adult. May your child passing taught us the true meaning of unconditional love and strength.