Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Surgery

Good morning all,
It's bright and early Thursday morning and I can no longer sleep. Therefore, I've started laundry at Family House and am updating you all. It has been an exhausting couple of days. Natalia's surgery happened on Tuesday and went off without a hitch. She has 2 small incisions and a couple of bruises from running the cathiter(?) from her head to her tummy. She is beginning to move about the bed with more ease and we are beginning to see improvement with her overall movement. She gets a little woozy when you move the bed up and down so there has been no playing with it this trip to the hospital.

The really good news is that they should release her today. The doctors are doing their evaluation around 9am and hopefully after that off we go. We will stay one more night at Family House that way we are close to the hospital for one more night...just in case. This will also give us time to do all the sheets and towels laundry...or I should say gives me the chance. Edgar will be sound asleep. He has spent the last 2 nights at the hospital. He tried to get some sleep yesterday afternoon but...

Sophia has not done too well this trip. She has yelled, screamed, cried, thrown raving tantrums and generally been a nightmare. Morning tantrums I'm used to (Natalia and I are morning people, Sophia and Edgar are not) fact of life get used to it. Yesterday afternoon went to new heights...Edgar brought Sophia back to Family House for some R&R and let the fun begin. She left the room when he was falling asleep, played dress up in our clothes, played in Moma's makeup and pounded on the bathroom door while he was showering yelling that he had been in there to long. Did I mention she has taked mouthiness to new levels? I should also mention that she is her cutest and sweetest in front of everyone else. Papa looked like he had been throught the ringer when they got back last night. When Sophia and I headed back here about 8:30pm I asked her what was up, she might be a little wild but nothing like she has been this trip. She told me she was jealous. Sissy was getting everyone's attention and there was nothing left for her. While my heart was crushed, I had to explain to her that no matter what this type of behavior could not go on. She agreed after my hand was applied to her naked butt after another incident and I had my little helper back. The little stinker knows she can get away with more in front of people and does not fear most reprisals.

Anyway...we should be home in Fresno by Halloween night/afternoon.

Love to you all,
Roni

No comments: