Saturday, January 23, 2010

What a week






Monday I was feeling optimistic...Tuesday my world seemed to crash and burn. I could not get out of the fog of missing Natalia. It was so bad that Edgar was going to call in sick to stay with me on Wednesday. It didn't really start knocking me around until lunchtime and then I seemed to be assaulted on all sides. I partly blame the fact that it was time to start putting together the front bedroom...that is where we were storing untouched boxes...which contained a lot of Natalia's things. I found the videos and pictures of all of us with the dolphins at Xecrete. I was totally surprised Edgar could see his way to the door to go to work. We were both ready to be wrung out and hung up to dry. When I went to pick up Pia from daycare she was in almost as bad of shape. Her teachers said that she had been quiet all afternoon and then had a fight with her friends...guess it was all of our day. So Pia and I did what girls do when they are sad, we walked the mall and sniffed our way through Bath and Body. We cuddled up in bed and watched a movie. I kept her home on Wednesday because she hadn't slept well and because I needed her smile. By lunchtime we were all much better and Edgar went off to work while Pia and I watched more movies.

Today we are off to Monterey with my parents to celebrate Natalia's birthday. We all got ocean view rooms so we can watch the ocean as much as possible. I feel better now that the time is here. My spirit is lifting a little. It will help even more when I can see Sophia's joy at flying kites on the beach and hear Natalia's belly laugh with every roll of the surf.

If you see me out and about...I added the dolphin pictures to my phone. They are incredible creatures to behold. I don't cry when I see them, I just laugh at the joy on my daughters' faces. Thank you sooo much Make A Wish for giving us those memories.

Much love,
Roni

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome pictures!

And you handled your sucky day like a pro! You continue to amaze me.