Saturday, May 24, 2008

Home for the long weekend

Good morning everyone,
Well, Natalia finished her 1st full week of radiation and chemo. She only got sick once. We think it was because she woke up at 4:30am and did not go back to sleep...we give her her anti-nausea meds at 6:30-7am. It was just to long of a time to be awake without help. We got into a good routine this last week. Go for her 9am treatment, get some breakfast, Natalia takes a nap, wakes up refreshed, eat lunch, go for a walk in the park or do other necessary chores, have dinner, take a walk, shower, take chemo, go to bed. Fridays mean time to come home. We have been leaving by 10:30am, so we get home about 2:30pm with stops for lunch and potty.

News on my front. My regional supervisor called yesterday and offered me the manager's position here at Merit. It was with a heavy heart that I told her no. I believed that all my time a effort should be with Natalia right now even though Edgar would be the one taking her to San Francisco for the next 5 weeks. Since the future was unclear, how could I say yes to the promotion. Then when I got off the phone and told Edgar what had taken place he asked just what I was thinking. Was he not the one who had the time off work to spend with Natalia for treatment, did I not make sacrifices when he was making a career change, could I accept anyone else telling me how to run the property that I had helped build up to what it is today and most importantly, was Natalia's illness going to get any better if we did not keep living and moving forward. The answer to all this was life is for the living and if Natalia was not sick I would have jumped at the chance so why let this disease win in any part of our lives. I called Patrece back and told her I wanted the job.

Tomorrow is the fundraiser event at the Elbow Room. At first we were going to leave going up to Natalia. If she didn't fell like it no go but now the Fresno Bee is coming to do a story and this will be our chance to say THANK YOU to all those people we have either never met or hardly see. To say a personal thank you for everyone's support, not just monetary but all the prayers and kindnesses that have fallen upon us.

Much love to you all,
Roni

No comments: