Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sophia"s Big Break

To say she was glowing yesterday when she returned from her morning school field trip performances would be putting it mildly. Pia loved performing in front of an audience that large...watch out today when it is for the open public. On the way to the theatre yesterday I asked her what she wanted to do next...more plays, soccer, softball, cheerleading, dance...No Karate. Okay, here we go! This is probably one of the best choices she could make...no I am not thinking beating the tar out of something to make her feel better, I am thinking the descipline of mind and body that a good instructor will teach. I am thinking that the focus needed to learn a martial art will help keep the will of iron in check. Yes, I know that she will feel Natalia's loss in ways that we can not even imagine and I worry more about her then any of us. Natalia has always been Pia's anchor. Whenever Pia is in trouble it has been to Natalia she goes for help...to a smaller degree lately but still she looks to her sister to intervene on her behalf...okay, I must admit that a lot of the time it has been because Natalia was the general her told her to do some of the things in the first place. Whenever Pia had success she turned to sissy first to share it. They are peas and carrots and...

We met with Hind's Hospice yesterday and gained some comfort. They will help us control Natalia's pain and show us how to best care for her. I am going to continue to work...it is only 50 feet from our front door...far enough for Edgar and I to be out of each others hair close enough that I can be home in an instant. If I stayed home with Edgar to help care for Natalia 24 hours a day, we would not be good. We talked it over last night and in order for us to be at our best we are going to continue in the way that has gotten us through so far. I will get up early with the girls and handle them until I head to work. Then Edgar will get a break when I take my lunch...I'm going to go in earlier so that I can take a longer lunch and he can hit the gym hard during that time. When work is done it will be my time at the gym then I am on kid duty for the rest of the night...if it is not broken don't fix it just tweak it.

Much love to you all,
Roni

No comments: