Sunday, February 1, 2009

Finally Home




Natalia was DONE by Friday. She did not want to be at the hospital at all. She thought everyone should know it as well. Edgar and Sophia left Friday afternoon to get home in time for the Make A Wish Gala of Stars and Natalia had to stay in San Francisco. My ultra polite, well mannered daughter told everyone doctors, nurses, teachers and the Father that she was DONE and wanted to go home. She was so mad about being there that her blood pressure even went up. She complained about everything, politely of course. They told me Friday night that she would probably be released Saturday if she was still doing well. I told her to calm herself or they would keep her longer...low and behold the blood pressure went back down. Saturday morning the morning nurse came in to say we would be released as soon as the doctors saw us, her drain tube was removed and the wound team saw her. My first thought was holy crude we're getting out of here and our ride is still in Fresno. My second thought was fresh air...we'll walk to Family House. Natalia was all for that idea. Today the main thing she says hurts is were the IV was for the past 5 days.

Today I think she is the only well rested one of us. Poor Sophia has been on a dead run since Tuesday...I have heard she was quite the little diva/life of the party at the Gala of Wishes. Mom said if we charged to take pictures with her we would have made a fortune. Edgar and I both did the drive there and back 4 times and Pia did it 3...I am being to know the names of the cows along our route.

Much love to you all,
Roni

No comments: