Monday, May 18, 2009

Busy

When did I get so busy…I had to laugh when I thought about this yesterday.

Work has been awesomely busy. The last thing you want at a large complex is for the office to be slow. We have been doing a lot of leasing and with biannual inspections this week & next there will be a lot of paperwork to do. Our owners visited last week and told us the complex looked wonderful…Note: when the owners tell you that the complex looks wonderful, you know you’ve done your job well and that the team is doing a great job. Hey, if anyone knows someone who needs an apartment we still have some beautiful 1 & 2 bedroom apartments.

Sophia…We ran all last week getting her to downtown rehearsals and to the performances. The little girl who knows everyone’s lines didn’t say hers on Thursday or Sunday’s shows. Thank goodness when all the family was at Saturday’s show she said them loud and proud. I think this will be her last play for a while. When kindergarten starts, so will soccer. We want her to try something that will help burn some of her boundless energy. Today, Edgar is going up to see about putting her in private swim lessons. We were not happy with her last set of lessons at an unnamed swim school. They put kids in her class that were not at her and another boy’s level just to fill the class. She was bored and didn’t learn much, in fact, she lost some skills. As for kindergarten, Edgar went down last week and spoke with the people at the Fresno Unified transfer department. He explained our situation and why it was so important that Sophia attend Weldon…we are just waiting for the letter now. Watch out Weldon, here comes Sophia Valle.

Relay for Life…wow is the only thing I can say about this. The vibe was so incredible! How did we get involved, you ask…well…Mrs. Hansen, Natalia’s 1st grade teacher, called me a few weeks ago because one of the parents wanted to know if we would be ok with the class decorating luminary for the Relay and would we like to send a picture of Natalia for the ceremony and would we possibly speak at the opening ceremony. I called Kimberly and said yes we would like to do it all. Edgar took the day off because we had so much going on…Speaking at the opening ceremony at 9am, Annie at 12:45, BBQ at friends house right after play, luminary ceremony at 7pm…what happened. Edgar got home aprox 4am, Sophia wakes up and is nauseous, I don’t speak in public about Natalia’s illness…Crud! We made a commitment and by golly we were going to keep it, so…off I went by myself. The organizers were wonderful…just say what I can say and then they would take over if I could not finish, but, I did myself proud. I got through it and even managed to sound inspirational. I tried to explain to Edgar about the vibe but it just gets lost in translation. When we went back for the luminary ceremony, he got it! Relay for Life is something we can see ourselves involved in. The sense of togetherness that everyone involves has WOW! Cancer touches so many lives and to all have one purpose and to give each other much needed support is amazing.

Much Love,
Roni

No comments: