Sunday, May 3, 2009

May is Brain Tumor Awareness Month

Hey everyone, get your grey on. May is Brain Tumor Awareness Month. Like I need a reminder...every day is Brain Tumor Awareness day in our home. But the rest of the world does...especially for childhood tumors...kids brain cells are fertile soil for new cells and tumors spread and mutate...they are much less likely to be cured than adult brain tumors. The reality can really really suck! The problem also is no one wants to hear that it could be their child and that it hits without any major warning signs.

Another week down. I was off work last Friday with a huge cold. I slept all day long...it was Pia/Jeannine day so I was without child until 8pm. And I slept that whole time...was supposed to go to the Clovis Rodeo Parade Saturday morning(part of my "I will go out and experience the city more " campaign)...you guessed it...I slept all morning...I got up about 2pm to go for my...new tattoo...an anklet that says "Natalia Joy" on one side and "Sophia Isabel" on the other...all joined together with vines and flowers. If I do say so myself, J at Resistance did a fabulous job. I am very happy...it looks extremely feminine. Then I slept all day Sunday. Back to work on Monday.

Work has been busy of late...Thank God, both for the business and to keep my mind occupied. End of month/beginning of the month is always busy at the complex...shameless plug time...if anyone needs a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment Merit Manor on the corner of Peach and Gettysburg has something for everyone...stop on in and talk to Roni, Sam or Aubrey.

We had a busy day yesterday. Sophia had 2 birthday parties to go to. The first was an ice skating party...Pia has never been on ice...never even roller skated...I haven't been on skates in the past 10 years...but the Colorado has not left me yet. We had fun cruising the ice...when she realized I wouldn't let her get hurt. The second was at the little red park and was an old fashioned blast. The kids had so much fun playing together and got so tired that they did not even argue when it was time to go home.

Today's Sunday school lesson...times of darkness that bring great faith...needless to say I cried the whole lesson...most of the class just went with it and got tissue...poor new woman kept looking at me like I was off my rocker...I seemed so "normal" at the start of class. My Sunday school lessons...my private joke with God...they usually seem to go along with what is going on in my life at that moment and add a little more direction to that windy road. Today's lesson for me...even when things are moving at the speed of light and you don't seem to have a moment to breath...stop a second and give praise that God has his plan for you...give him that moment and peace and joy can be yours...even if it sometimes comes with tears...they can be a good thing.

I made a quiet moment this afternoon...and repotted some of the plants we received over the last month. Sophia and I planted our herb seeds...yes my patio looks like garden...makes it more peaceful when you sit out there.

ANNIE...May 16th and 17th...2pm at the Fresno Auditorium Theater...Miss Sophia Valle is an orphan with attitude...tickets are $11 at the door...come one, come all.

Much love to you all,
Roni

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I missed you @ church! Yesterday, I wasn't there because I had been sick this weekend. Yuck! hope to see you next week.