Monday, November 15, 2010

'Tis The Season

The Holiday season is on us…and it is crushing. I was pretty numb through it last year. This year I seem to feel Thanksgiving and Christmas creep up on us every second of the day. I am hearing Natalia’s voice in the back of my head…clear as day…asking what we are having for Thanksgiving dinner & “ooo that sounds DEEELICOUS”. Her counting down the days to every major occasion rings through my mind. My heart turns over.
I hit Toys-r-Us at lunch today to pick up Christmas pressies for Sophia…yep, it will be online shopping from now on, except for stocking stuffers. Christmas shopping for one is NOT RIGHT and it makes me both mad and sad. I can’t walk up and down those aisles looking for the perfect Christmas present without a major breakdown. I had one in the car as soon as I got out of the store which gave me the headache…that’s where the mad part comes in. Aren’t we going through enough that I have to have a headache after my crying session? To me that’s just adding insult to injury!!!
The three of us spent this past weekend sprinting around trying to get a ton of stuff done. We were all up early and spent Saturday getting Edgar’s motorcycle up & running…and back home again. Sophia had a soccer game, AJ needed help lifting a dishwasher, checked by a shop to see if the bench we ordered last month was complete, took the dogs to the vet for checkups and shots, went to AT&T(Villa & Shaw) to see about a phone for Edgar’s work (they gave Pia one of their “sample” cell phones for her personal use…big points with Mama & Papa) and then got home just before 7pm before we all passed out cold. Sunday we worked in the backyard, the grass is really coming in now & everything is really coming together. We cleaned and put up shelves in the garage, wow, an organized garage is a cool garage. We also cleaned house. Yep, we were wiped out and ready for bed by 5pm. All and all a good weekend. I feel like we got everything we wanted accomplished! Maybe next weekend will be relaxing. All I have planned is Sophia’s last regular season soccer match, groceries and house cleaning…but you never know!

Much Love,
Roni

No comments: