Saturday, July 11, 2009

Life Changing events...no not right now

Do you ever think back on moments that changed your life forever? Yesterday was one of those for me...well the whole family. July 10th will always live in my mind as the day that open our eyes to the world around us. One year ago we were told that the radiation and chemotherapy treatments that Natalia had been undergoing had not worked...the tumor was growing and she had two months to live. To say we were devastated is an understatement but what God breaks down he rebuilds in stronger, better ways. We solidified in our minds that we were going to take the girls to Cancun...and poof...Shelly from Make A Wish calls me before I can ask Mom to find the post it on our bookshelf at home with Shelly's phone number on it. When Natalia was released from the hospital we began to jump at chances to experience all life had to offer us. We came out of our "well, lets wait for things to get better" mindset. There is no let's wait and see in life. Every moment is an experience, every person you meet is a wonder. How much sheer wonder and joy is in the world when strangers offer you comfort and help in your moments of need? Can you be that person that brightens someones day? Just think...you have already brightened our world just by reading this blog. You have no idea how much just writing this helps me cope with everything that has happened. It brings focus and allows me to build a game plan for life. We now, as a family, seek out ways to help others like we were helped. Why...because even though our world was coming down around us, the foundation for a different world was being laid. Do I still cry everyday missing Natalia? Yes!!! Do I make a conscious effort to stop? Yes, I do! I have another child who needs me more then I need cry. There is a world out there just waiting for us to take an active part in.

So say it with me now...THERE IS NO WAIT FOR THINGS TO GET BETTER...LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE NOW BEFORE THERE IS NO MORE NOW! Open yourself to the world around you and see the miracles that happen. Small miracles are the biggest joy there is in life and they happen every day.

Much love,
Roni

2 comments:

Beth said...

AMEN, Roni!!! I LOVE your attitude.

We're in AR for a few weeks and though it's hard (this is the first time home since Daddy died), it's good.

I've been reading a book, "HEAVEN" by Randy Alcorn. It kinda hurts my head and can only read a bit at a time, but he is very detailed in his well-researched view of heaven and backs up his beliefs with Scripture. I have found it therapeutic and exciting.

My love and prayers to you, Sophia and Edgar, as always!

Karen said...

Well said!

I'm thinking of you guys and praying for you all too. HUGS!

Karen

www.caringbridge.org/visit/isaachatfield