Saturday, August 8, 2009

What a Week

This week was both incredibly fun and incredibly painful...read on!

All three of us have been missing Natalia terribly bad these past couple weeks. Not that we don't always miss her...we just usually do a better job of coping with all the emotions that go with it. I think a lot of it had to do with the anniversary of our Cancun trip. It was an amazing time in our lives with so many intense emotions attached to it. We are doing a better now.

On to the fun...I got a phone call from Make A Wish on Tuesday morning asking if we would like to go to the Jonas Brothers concert. Well, all of you parents to young girls know the JO BROS....Talia thought Nick was hot, and Pia thinks Joe is toooo cute. So Wednesday night off the 3 of us went to see the Jo Bros. It was great to see that Edgar was not the only father that was attending. My God, the absolute volume that girls can be when in mass. Jordan Sparks opened and Pia was in heaven. We only stayed until 9pm...Sophia was tired. She had her final swim lesson of the season that afternoon and was extremely tired but boogeying with the best on them. Jan Thomas and Pia's coach, Christine, were amazing. Pia has mastered 5 stokes...front & back crawl, front & back breast stroke...and butterfly. She just glides through the water. She got her medal and a DVD of her showing off all her moves. She will be back next season. (Jan Thomas...expensive...yes, worth it...priceless. This place is amazing in the way they can teach kids to swim.) Back to the concert...she danced and laughed until the 2nd Jo Bro song then she just completely pooped out. Edgar had training all last week...therefore, working days...he was exhausted from the schedule change...tons of screaming girls...time to go. We got to see about 5 songs...All I can say...Jo Bros OK...Jordan Sparks AMAZING!

The painful part....WARNING glass water globes(for plants) are dangerous to your health. Wednesday morning, yes concert day, I was filling the office globe and putting it back into the plant when...my thumb went right through the glass. I ended up getting 4 nice deep stiches at the base of my right thumb. AND a tetnus shot...sucked big time. The spot where I got the shot hurts more then the stiches, that is until I do something stupid with my right hand.

Much Love,
Roni

1 comment:

Wishes4Kidz said...

I wish I had known you guys were at the concert, I would have found you and said hi! I was there doing a Wish. We had a 16 year old girl from Long Beach who flew in to meet the Jonas Bros! Those boys were amazing...I can't help but be a fan now! I do have to say, I have NEVER experienced screeching, squeeling and screaming like that before;-) We also go to sit "right in front of the stage" at sound check....I now know why they offered us earplugs! It was a fun night tho....and I agree, Jordan Sparks rocked!!!

Take care!

Shelley