Sunday, January 18, 2009

Passage of Time

Normally, with the 24th fast approaching, I would be thinking OMG my baby is going to be 7 years old. Where did the time go? When did I get so old? I would be looking forward to the next mile stones of youth like school dances, soccer games or dance recitals. This year I'm thinking...Thank God, she made it to seven. I am looking forward to the next mile stones of physical therapy, wheelchair mobility and port use. Natalia is like any kid. She is counting down the days until her birthday. There are only six more to go. She wants a small party with family at the Elbow Room and coloring books...Strange for a 7 year old you might think but at 5 she wanted dinner at Red Lobster with Grandma & Grandpa and lip gloss. Edgar and I have a good feeling about Natalia's seventh year. No matter what it brings it will be met with all we have and all we can give. Every memory will be cherished and loved.

As usual in the week before her sister's birthday, Sophia is testing her boundaries...I haven't decided if she will make it through the week without being tied and gagged. Actually, it is just me that she tests. She gives me THAT look before she does something she is not supposed to...looks right at me then does it anyway. Then before, during and after punishment she says she loves me...she is making sure that no matter what she does she will not lose my love. Stinkpot!

Much love to you all,
Roni

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Please tell Natalia "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" for me. I think about her all the time. I love her. She is one of my best friends. I miss playing with her and Pia at Jeaninne's everyday.
Love,
Amanda Pinto

Shannon Kelley-Barry said...

A very happy birthday to Natalia.

As for Sophia, have you heard of an organization called SuperSibs!? They are an organization specifically for siblings of children with cancer. Their goal is to make the sibling feel special too because they understand that, not matter how hard we try as parents, it sometimes seems like the sick child gets more attention.

My daughter is 14, but she still gets excited when her monthly package from SS arrives. They've sent her a trophy with her name on it that says she is a Super Sibling, a t-shirt, a pillow case, and recently they've started sending beads (called "Beads of Courage"). Each month she gets 2-3 beads, each with a card that explains what it stands for.

Anyway, it's free to sign up (www.supersibs.org). Maybe that would be something good for Sophia.